Monday, October 25, 2010

Our new admin person

We've got a fab new administrator; willing, good with computers, helpful and generally nice to have around. The brooding photo was provided by Catherine and as he hasn't made another available, that's what we'll have to go with. I'll let him introduce himself.


I’m Chris, ECUS’ brand new Administration Assistant. My job basically entails sorting, coding and filing (both physically and electronically) financial things such as invoices and purchase orders, printing off and binding reports and other bits and pieces for the other members of staff, and producing stunning cups of tea and coffee for any clients who might visit the office. I also spend my time doing little jobs for the rest of the ECUS staff- anything from clearing dusty old files out of the attic to tweaking Powerpoint presentations so that they’re all in the right format. Basically, I do anything that the rest of the staff feel is beneath them!

As well as all that, I’m responsible for dealing with the majority of telephone queries, so I’m usually the first person you’ll speak to when you call the ECUS office to ask about the bats nesting in your barn- or anything else!

Outside of work, I lead a healthy and fulfilling life as a ‘creative type’ (musician, writer, occasional artist) and spend a lot of my time either writing music, playing videogames or on stage with Northern Oak, Sheffield’s premier purveyors of folk music and nature-inspired progressive heavy metal. (Coincidentally, my arrival at ECUS means that two members of the band now work here- that’s almost an official endorsement!) I also have a particularly voracious interest in history, as evidenced by a BA in History from the University of Sheffield (hopefully soon to be followed by an MA in Medieval History, also from Sheffield Uni) which manifests itself in a tendency to get annoyed at the glaring historical inaccuracies in most of the films that I watch.


No comments:

Post a Comment